Before you give up, Read this!


The Suicide trend in Nigeria and some other parts of the world has got me thinking... Why would someone choose suicide? Why suicide? There are a lot of other options out there. In this write-up, I'll not only tell you one reason why people commit suicide, but how to stand strong and live long. You should take this seriously because you never can tell if you would fall a victim. 

Everybody irrespective of gender, tribe, religion, educational background, leadership position and age have battles... a raging war going on in their lives, family, street, neighborhood, place of work, school, circle of friends, church, market, village, city, and so on. We all have problems. Some may seem too little or too big; ranging from sexual abuse, domestic violence, discrimination, fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear of Cockroaches,darkness, Dogs, Relationships, boys, girls, Rats, Bats, Snakes, stage fright, sharp objects, rejection, water etc... 

That you are afraid of something does not mean you should give up. It does not mean you can not try it. It does not mean you should kill yourself. You might be afraid of applying for a job position, thinking you are not fit. There are others out there who do not deserve where they are but they are there either by luck or connection. If you give it a trial, will you die? Even if you have lost your parents or caregivers, it is not the end of the world. Your lover or partner may leave you or threaten to leave, but that is not the end of the world. If s/he is yours, s/he will stay. If not, s/he will go. Just move on. Isn't it better you are single and happy than in a relationship and bitter? If you fail an examination, study harder and pass it. If someone bully you, confront them. You would be glad you did. Man up! Don't see yourself as inferior; because you are great and wonderfully made. If you are having problems at home, think of ways to make things better instead of running away or giving up hope. 

Things may not go on as well as you wish but that does not mean you should give up your life. I do not know the battles you are facing now. I do not know how extreme your problems are...but I can tell you one thing. I have so many battles I am fighting in my life. Some of them seem so numerous. Sometimes, I might feel depressed, angry and sad. Sometimes, because of it's weight, I'll be so bewildered that I wouldn't know when I'll burst out crying in closed doors. When I realize how outrageous or ridiculous I look crying, surprisingly, I'll find myself laughing. In some areas, I have failed. In others, I have been successful. What keeps me going is looking on the bright side. If you dwell too much on your bad days, failures and fears, how do you think you will be better? How do you think you can move forward? How do you think you'd be successful in what you desire? The only way forward is to move forward. There's no way you can change what has happened. It has happened. Just forget it. Don't take it too serious. I know it might not be easy at first. With time, it will get better. You will be better.

Oh! Did I not tell you? Let me say it again, this time...louder. The one thing that makes one commit suicide is FEAR!!! It is high time you fought your fears. If you don't, they will fight you, win you and swallow you. "Do not allow your FEARS of yesterday become TEARS for you today". Fight your fears and live a better and happy life.

Below are a few ways to live a happy life:
  1. Detect your fears: Just like I said earlier, we all have fears. Ask yourself "what is it that I am so afraid of?" Write it down. Accept that it is a challenge to you. 
  2. Confront them: Just like someone that likes the sight of others swimming but is afraid of water... You would like to learn, but you can't learn how to swim unless you enter the pool/water. Meet up with your fear. Confront it. Be bold. For you to confront your fear, you have to assure yourself that you will take control of your life. Then, take control.
  3. Do not compare yourself to others: Do not envy the hard work of another person. Do not be envious of another person's success. Find what you are good at and work towards it. Would you not like others to see you as a role model? Then, work on yourself. 
  4. Be content with who you are and what you have: No matter how little or how much you have, you've got to accept yourself for who you are. Work with what you have. Cut your cloak according to your size. Do not live a life that is not according to your reach. 
  5. Work really hard. Whatever you have decided to be or do, be dedicated. Do not look back. When you feel discouraged, do what makes you happy. 
  6. Always encourage yourself: There are times when things will not go as you planned. Do not give up. Give yourself a target. Work like an ant. Always look at the bright side, because there is always light at the end of the tunnel. 
  7. Live a healthy lifestyle: Eat good food. Do some exercise. Let this be a routine for you. Stay away from unhealthy company. Do not abuse drugs. Take enough fruit. 
  8. Associate with people of like minds, people that can make you better: Always hang around with achievers... People who want to do better, so you can be better through their good influence. 
  9. Do not give up on yourself: Trust that with God, all things are possible. Your ugly situation today can change tomorrow. Have faith. When you fall, get up, dust yourself and keep going. You can do it!  

#saynotosuicide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easiest way to quit your addiction

How To Know Your True Friends

What you should do when life becomes tough